Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Good Stuff!

Life is good. One thing we do often and really love is have people over, usually on Sunday afternoons, to cookout and fish and play games and just hang out. Something about these get-togethers fills my heart with joy! I always have the out-of-body moments while everyone is hanging out and I just sort of look around and find joy in the fellowship that's going on. SO- here are some pictures of a get-together we had a few weeks ago.

Yes, Dane decided to go grandpa on us. and yes, he wore them like this all day. Gotta love him!
Everyone just hanging out outside - taking a break from horseshoes and fishing!
My wonderful girl friends. Don't know what I'd do without them!
Country Cam fishin' it up.
 So, this is Frances in action throwing attempting to throw a horshoe. It was both hilarious and a little sad (haha love you Fran!). But atleast she's serious about it, I mean she's throwing her entire body into it. Best picture of the day so far!
Just doing a little fishing :)
These two love each other, a bunch. Haha (notice we have no furniture.... update: we now have a couch and a love seat! Thanks, Dad! We are still in awe of having living room furniture.)
Whitney had so much fun, she literally fell asleep at the table. Cool.


So, if you haven't noticed, we LOVE to fish. I mean, come on, our backyard is a pond. It really is such a blast! It's a good reason for people to come over and hang with us, too.


I've been really stuck on this passage from Ephesians. You know how you can read a passage, and months later come back and read it again and it mean something different for you? Well, that's how this passage has been for me. If you're the type, check it out. This passage really instills fear of the Lord in my heart that, like the end of the passage says, reminds me that He can do so much more than I can.

14For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom his whole family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
 20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


We're blessed. Beach pictures to come next! Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment