Saturday, October 9, 2010

WE'RE ALIVE!!

I promise we're still alive. It's been a whirlwind of a month. WHIRLWIND! Let me just try to give you a quick update on our lives.

Dane is still loving his job. I know how much of a blessing it is to have a job you love, and I'm so happy that he has found one!

I'm working at a hardware store/gift shop called Gilberts in Yazoo City at the moment. It's been fun. I was offered a couple of jobs, but I felt the Lord leading me away from those opportunities. Even though some of those offers surrounded my major and education, I didn't feel like it's where I was supposed to be. It's made me excited/anxious about what His plan is. Who knows!!?? But He has provided................................... as always.

Dane leaves the house at 6:40 every morning, and I leave around 8:15. We don't get home til around 5:30. And we're in bed by 9:30/10:00. Officially senior citizens? YES. We're enjoying the life of future geriatrics.

We've found a church home at First Pres in Yazoo City. We LOVE it. We LOVE the people, we LOVE their mission, and we've been welcomed in so many ways it's almost uncanny. We've gotten plugged in and been reached out to and been given free meals and advice and even gotten me my job at Gilberts (Thank you, Bob Bailey!). We're so happy there!

Hunting season has started. That's all I'll say. Most of you know what that means. Every day, the most common form of conversation for my husband revolves around deer hunting. Now, it's being put into practice. Some of you know his bow hunting record for last season (Dane, I won't share with the world), but good news is that he's broken his streak! He killed a doe last weekend, and got another deer this morning. Yay for a stocked deep freezer! I'm about to start the process of getting my hunting license (welcome to my marriage) and join the Hunting Season Widows Club. (It's not a real club, but it should be). I'm just glad Dane has a passion for something, I really am. VERY thankful for him just in general.

Moving to a place where we don't know anyone has done some cool things in our relationship. We've been married 5 months as of yesterday. We have experienced and done SO much! It's really overwhelming when I think of how much I've learned and changed and experienced with Dane in the past 5 months. And I have him for the (God-willing) rest of my life?! That makes me smile just thinking about it. He makes me the happiest person in the world and the maddest person in the world. Typical of everyone? Glad to know it :)

Love you all. PICTURES and more updates and stories to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment