Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's Time...

Okay faithful readers. It's time to tell you about what's going on in our crazy life.

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that we were moving again. YES, we're moving to the FIFTH (that's 5) place we've lived in since we've been married. As my friend AGENT Wellons Woods (soon to be Farmer) said when I told her we were moving again... "I could write a book.....". Oh man-- and this new place is going to be an entertaining chapter in that book.

SO- here's the story and God's providence for ya:

About a week or two after we moved into the apartment we're in now, our pastor Sam called Dane informing him that he'd found a RENT-FREE place to live. Yes, RENT FREE! Of course, we jumped on it! Who wouldn't move again for a rent-free place? WELL, long story short: we're moving there around the first week of April. To spare you the details, we've been doing a lot of work on it...cleaning and repainting and replacing carpet and whatnot. So you're probably wondering what's the catch, huh? WELL, we will be living at the boy scout camp and will be the caretakers. (I could write a book...). We will keep the place up and in return, we'll get to live there for free! All we have to do is cut the grass (aka Dane gets a tractor and he's not complainin'!!). Can't beat that! It has been a process though, not going to lie. The boy scouts have gotten some service hours helping us :) Pictures to come, but I can't bear to put up the before pictures without putting up the after pictures too. I just can't let you linger with these images without seeing the work that's been done. Needless to say, we're excited!! Here's what excites me most about living out there (keep in mind, it's on 52 acres and has a pavilion and a pond and a fire ring! woo!):

- we're planting a garden! YAY! Dane tilled it this week and I am BEYOND excited! I cant wait until we plant
-WE'RE GETTING A DOG!!! Okay, I've been asking for a dog for months and months and I'm FINALLY getting one! (Dane, it's on the internet now so it's official :)) I feel like I'm having a child or something. I have been searching and searching for dogs to adopt and we've come across a few. I won't be getting him/her until my birthday time (or atleast until we're officially in the house). YAAAY!!

So, besides all of that, we have been so so busy. Dane has been working long, long days (like, at least 12 hours and usually more) and it's been an adjustment to say the least. I am SO proud of him though. He works so hard and has such long days and still comes home and never complains. That's work ethic that I admire and hope to take after. I will say, I have so much pride in Dane. Seeing your husband work long days and provide for us brings me to a whole new love and admiration for him. I love him :)

Anyways, that's all folks! I'll leave you with a few pictures I've taken lately (who doesn't like pictures?)
one of our recent date nights. i took dane on a date! :)
sweet, sweet Cooper (look at that face!)
one of my favorite places everrr
springtime!

3 comments:

  1. Praising God for these blessings!! Love this post and all the great news!!! Can not wait to come fishing!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MK! That is wonderful. I suspect you will be inviting me over for a bar beee quuuu very soon! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! I'm so glad to hear that things are going well!

    ReplyDelete