Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Best Frans

Well, I just finished a presentation and a final and with all of this school stress and worry about the flood, I have had a moment of appreciation for 3 people.  No, Dane is not one of them in this post, BUT I'm thankful for him everyday! I wanted to take an opportunity to introduce you to my 3 best friends.  A few posts back, I told you I'd dedicate a post just to them, so here it is! Now, I have other best friends that are super important to me.  However, these girls have been with me since day 1!

Courtney

Court and I laugh more together than anyone else.  She is hilarious, and I'm pretty sure I'm only funny when I'm around her.  Maybe that's why I got nominated for "Funniest" in high school--because I hung out with her constantly! Just in case you wanna know, Courtney and I were up for this award.  As a joke, they started calling my name as the winner and slid right into courtney's name... "And the winner is MMMM.....COURTNEY!!!"  It was hilarious! No I'm not even funny enough to win this.  She comes from a fun and loud family--crazy Italians.  She's sarcastic and a little loud and pretty much doesn't care.  She's an incredible athlete (she played soccer at Miami University!) and incredible friend.  She's an awesome writer and the queen of quotes.  We can quote the entire dumb and dumber movie...it's kinda ridiculous.  She's the one I always call when I'm bored or I need a pep in my step.  She's always entertaining, always caring, and always there for me.  I thank God for her every day.

Katie
She's my favorite ginger.  She has a heart of gold and is fun, smart, and beautiful. She's athletic, intelligent, and has inherited some amazing cooking genes!  Her family is so close and welcoming. I always feel like I can knock on the Ellis' door and be welcomed in with a glass of Chardonnay, some appetizers, and an amazing meal from Mrs. Ava. I will never forget the afternoons we'd go to her house and Ava would cook shrimp fried rice and we'd talk about all of the drama in our lives.  Oh man!  Katie is girly and crafty.  She's FUN!! She's been a United States traveler (has lived in FL, MS, went to Michigan State, moved to Nashville, and is not in D.O. school in Kansas City). I'm still trying to convince her to deliver my children one day.  She loves her family and her Callie and will one day be the greatest doctor ever. Even though her schedule is crazy from studying and being so involved at school, we never miss a beat. I love this girl and I thank God for her every day.

Carrie
 
(hahahahaha)
She was my maid of honor.  She's been my bestie since 6th grade. We've been in choir together for forever.  We used to sing together all of the time.... i miss that currie kurk! She's a spiritual mentor for me.  At any time I'm questioning a verse or need her advice, she's there.  She has grown by leaps and bounds in her faith and has become fully committed to God's word.  She's inspiring and always happy.  We make fun of her for always being happy.... but it's just who she is!  In high school, Carrie was Miss Everything. HAHA! She got anything she tried out for, was homecoming queen and prom queen, won all kinds of awards at Mississippi College (like Miss MC) and is just 'that girl'.  We joke about it a lot, but I've come to realize that Carrie got those things not because she tried to or anything like that, but because Carrie is loved by everyone.  She reaches out to all people and is genuine about everything.  Our friendship hasn't wavered and I'm so thankful for her impact on my life. I thank God for her every day.


Thanks, girls, for being there since day one and for knowing more about me than anyone else.  Thanks for being the reason I go over my minutes on my cell phone haha. Y'all are the greatest friends an old married woman could ever have.  Thanks for never giving up on me and loving me past the insanity of my life.






2 comments:

  1. AWWW! MK you are the best and keep all of us girls together as friends....now that i'm basically crying, I have to clean up my face and go to a patient interview on a simulator....at least today it's a plastic patient and doesn't know the difference! :) Love you lots, miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete