Tuesday, June 8, 2010

1 month!

Today is our one month anniversary. That's kinda crazy! It's definitely flown by and I can't believe we're 1/12 of the way through our first year of marriage. Haha!

We've been pretty busy this week. School has been keeping me busy and there's always homework to catch up on. I've been drinking lots of coffee and trying to get in the groove of school again. Even though we aren't sure of what's next for us, I have decided to apply to grad school here at MSU for the Rehabilitation Counseling Master's program. Not sure how this is going to pan out or if it's even in the His plan for us, but it's something that I'd love to do. If it works out, then it works out and we'll be in Starkville for the next 2 years! If it doesn't, there are about 50 other things we could be doing. Hopefully God will show us that path clearly. Dane has been working at home and today he is out in Aberdeen working. Please keep praying on job opportunities for him. God's timing can be frustrating, especially when He's not working with our schedule. But, isn't it awesome when His timing comes in to play? Not only is it a reality check, but it's just plain satisfying!

Also, we're excited because we're getting to move into our new home this week/weekend! I'm so so ready to be out of the place we're in now, and I'm looking forward to actually feeling at home somewhere. Can't wait for everyone to come and visit! We went to Jackson and Philadelphia this week to round up some family furniture. It's gonna be great! And, my personal decorator/painter/best friend/creative genius Laura Speed is coming to help me decorate and place things, so I'm super excited about that! Laura is such a giving and gentle spirit, and being around her is so easy and comfortable. These are two awesome traits to have in a best friend!

Well, our anniversary dinner was great, and I gave Dane a spatula as a little gift. Haha! I feel so grown up when I desire things like spatulas, a garlic press, and good knives and when we spend our Sam's gift card on cleaning supplies. It's fun though, and I'm grateful for getting to be a 'grown up' with Dane. He's a child and an old man all wrapped into one, so I'm constantly being entertained and it makes life fun. :)

Okay, getting back to homework now! If you're the type, please be thinking/praying for Dane's job hunt and for my next step. We love you all!

Align Center

No comments:

Post a Comment